Corporate and Commercial Laws
Foreign investments in India for setting up new businesses are increasing every year and apt legal consultation is required for incorporating new business entity in India. Once incorporated, with a view to ensure strict corporate compliance, various legal services are required in the form of legal consultations, corporate secretarial services, regulatory advice, company law matters, drafting and vetting of agreements, employment and non-disclosure agreements etc.
At a law firm, the general corporate and commercial team provides all the necessary legal support services for an enterprise to operate in India. Attorneys in the team provide corporate support service to several clients and also advise business entities on formation, investment and operation.
The legal consultation team has also drafts and negotiates a variety of contracts including shareholding agreements, distributorship agreements, employment agreements and loan and financing agreements. In regulatory issues, industry-specific knowledge of laws and procedures of attorneys in the corporate law practice team allows them to ensure compliance with the law at all times. The lawyers are committed to provide the top best corporate and commercial law firm services to the existing and potential clients. Generally, corporate lawyers provide the following corporate and commercial law services:
- Registration of companies and advisory of choosing the legal structure of a company;
- Providing local representative and virtual office services;
- Handling Foreign Direct Investment;
- Approval from FIPB;
- Import export code registration;
- Foreign collaborations, technology transfers;
- Liquidation, bankruptcy and insolvency laws;
- Statutory filings under various corporate laws;
- Corporate finance;
- Due diligence;
- Advising on national and international business including agency, sale of goods, franchisee;
- Drafting and vetting of national and International trade and business contracts;
- Drafting and advising of sale purchase of properties and assets;
- Drafting and advising of sale commercial loans and credit agreements;
- Drafting and advising of leasing and financing agreements;
- Drafting and advising of license agreements;
- Licensing, permits and registration with various Government Departments, and so on.
Arbitration and Mediation in India have evolved as strong dispute resolution mechanisms in general and commercial litigation matters.
Advocate Rahul Dev is a Patent Attorney & International Business Lawyer practicing Technology, Intellectual Property & Corporate Laws. He is reachable at rd (at) patentbusinesslawyer (dot) com & @rdpatentlawyer on Twitter.
Quoted in and contributed to 50+ national & international publications (Bloomberg, FirstPost, SwissInfo, Outlook Money, Yahoo News, Times of India, Economic Times, Business Standard, Quartz, Global Legal Post, International Bar Association, LawAsia, BioSpectrum Asia, Digital News Asia, e27, Leaders Speak, Entrepreneur India, VCCircle, AutoTech).
Regularly invited to speak at international & national platforms (conferences, TV channels, seminars, corporate trainings, government workshops) on technology, patents, business strategy, legal developments, leadership & management.
You must be logged in to post a comment.