Role of business method patent attorney
In the recent technology scenario, business method patents is a buzz word. Although, the word “business method patents” is not defined but in normal day use “business method patents” relates to a patent relating to a method of doing business. Examples for any kind of business method patent will include DATA PROCESSING SYSTEMS OR METHODS, SPECIALLY ADAPTED FOR ADMINISTRATIVE, COMMERCIAL, FINANCIAL, MANAGERIAL, SUPERVISORY OR FORECASTING PURPOSES; SYSTEMS OR METHODS SPECIALLY ADAPTED FOR ADMINISTRATIVE, COMMERCIAL, FINANCIAL, MANAGERIAL, SUPERVISORY OR FORECASTING PURPOSES, NOT OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR.
Business Method Patents
IPC G06Q: Most business method patents fall under IPC Class G06Q. The Patent Offices worldwide use IPC patent classification to classify patents that claim a system or apparatus and corresponding methods for performing data processing operations uniquely designed for processing data between servers, & handheld devices.
IPC G06Q 10/00 Administration; Management
G06Q 20/00 Payment architectures, schemes or protocols (apparatus for performing or posting payment transactions
G06Q 30/00 Commerce, e.g. shopping or e-commerce
G06Q 40/00 Finance; Insurance; Tax strategies; Processing of corporate or income taxes
G06Q 50/00 Systems or methods specially adapted for a specific business sector, e.g. utilities or tourism
G06Q 90/00 Systems or methods specially adapted for administrative, commercial, financial, managerial, supervisory or forecasting purposes, not involving significant data processing
- How are software patents granted in India?
- Does Indian patent law allow software patents?
- How to apply for software patent in India?
- How to patent a software in India?
- How to patent a mobile application in India?
- What are the examples of software patents in India?
- What is a Provisional Patent Application?
- What are advantages of Filing a Provisional Patent Application?
- How can Patent Search help in determining Patentability of Invention?
- What is the meaning of Patent Pending Status?